Dear readers of Club Penguin Mountains,
You are reading this blog and that means a lot to me. I feel like you ought to know what I’ve been doing behind-the scenes.
Since February 2016, Club Penguin Mountains has provided ad-free content for you to enjoy. However, this (for significant reasons which I cannot share in this post) is now unrealistic to continue. After contacting TWD General Permissions and WordPress, I have the ability to put adverts on this blog. Lots of thought has gone into this decision and I have finally decided to try it out.
For the next 45 or so days, adverts will be seen on Club Penguin Mountains. After that day, I will likely continue these adverts but it depends on what you think. Nobody likes adverts. I don’t like them either, which is the main reason why I didn’t ask to enable them before. It is also the reason why the following is the case:
- Adverts will not make your reading experience any worse
- Adverts are currently only located beneath posts and pages
- There are no pop-ups, Infolinks or header adverts
- Sidebar adverts are an option that I have not ruled out. Being honest here, and that’s the case at the moment. However, truthfully, I’m not after money, so these aren’t enabled yet
- All adverts will be appropriate for a Club Penguin blog. In the highly unlikely event you do see an inappropriate one, please take a screenshot and report to either myself or WordPress but the chances of this happening are extremely low
- Research was conducted with the community before making this decision and I am confident that this blog matches the criteria to legally have adverts on it. I have read the Terms and Conditions of the program and previous polls makes me feel that this decision is not illegal. Technically, the money goes to my parents and not myself as I’m under 18.
This is currently me testing out WordAds. I would like to hear feedback from you though more decisions will be taken closer to the 45 day mark in which authors will also receive a message from me.
Now, I still want to make this clear. I blog because I love blogging. I’ve been doing that since 2013 and that won’t change just because a small amount of money is being made. My posts will remain the same, the style of Club Penguin Mountains will remain the same, everything will remain the same. The only difference is that there is now a small advert at the end of every post/page.
If you have any feedback, please do let me know. Though I have already contacted Disney, should Disney have any problems, do feel free to email me. I understand any complaints but I have tried my best not to disrupt any viewing experience. Thank you!